Skip to Main Content

Name/Address Change - Professional Engineers

Licensed Professional Engineers are responsible to notify the Board of any name change or change of mailing/e-mail address. Changes can be made:

Online using your registration number and password

Name/Address Change – Individuals
Name/Address Change – Business Entities


Via e-mail to

There is NO fee for address/name changes.

Individuals Name Changes
If you change your name, you must provide a copy of the appropriate court document or marriage license and e-mail/fax it to the Board. E-mail the document(s) to the address above, or fax them to 410-962-8483.

Address Changes
Failure to notify the Board of address changes in a timely manner can prevent license renewal notification. A $100 late fee will be charged when a license is not renewed by the expiration date.

Business Entities Name Changes
Firms are required to notify the Board in writing of any change in the firm’s name or its designated managing agent. Notification must be received by the Board within 60 days of the change. Use the form below to register changes:

Firm Name Change or Managing Agent Change form

Firms must apply for a NEW permit through the normal process if the firm has become a new entity with new directors, officers and federal ID number.

If the directors, officers and federal ID number have not changed, the name can be changed by submitting the following documentation:

  1. A written statement signed by the President, that the directors, officers and federal ID number have not changed.
  2. Evidence of the business' Good Standing status with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). Evidence may be provided by printing a results screen from SDAT's Maryland Business Express database. Once the business entity is located through the search, click on the "View Business Details" link. Print that window, and send it to the Board. There is no fee due to SDAT for printing the window.