State-Chartered Banks, Trust Companies and Credit Unions - Financial Regulation
Depository Supervision Unit
The Depository Supervision Unit is responsible for the supervision and examination of all Maryland-chartered banks, credit unions, and trust companies.
For regulatory examination related questions, please contact Teresa M. Louro, Deputy Commissioner, at 410-230-6022.
Depository Corporate Applications Unit
The Depository Corporate Applications Unit is responsible for the review and processing of all applications filed by banks, credit unions, and trust companies for new charters, mergers, acquisitions, affiliates, stock conversions, changes in control, branches, foreign bank offices, field of membership changes, and all other approvals required under Titles 1 through 6 of Maryland's Financial Intuitions Code.
For general bank or credit union application questions, please e-mail your questions to Michelle Denoncourt.
- State-Chartered Banks
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Ratings
- State-Chartered Credit Unions
- State-Chartered Trust Companies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Reporting Form Fraud, Theft, or Forgery, And Convictions (Word)
- Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation - Emergency Preparedness Guide for Maryland-Chartered Banks, Credit Unions, and Trust Companies - Revised January 8, 2020
- Annotated Code of Maryland and Rules
- Branch - Uniform Interstate Application Form (Word)
- Credit Union Application (Word)
- Foreign Bank Office Permit (Instructions)
- Foreign Bank Office Permit - Initial
- Foreign Bank Office Permit - Renewal
- De Novo Bank Application (Word)
- Trust Powers by Out-of-State Banks, Instructions
- Trust Powers Out-of-State Banks, Registration
- Charter Conversion - Please contact Teresa Louro, Deputy Commissioner, 410-230-6022.
- Advisory: Guidelines for Compliance with State and Federal Requirements to Provide Housing Counseling Information for Borrowers - September 28, 2015
- Sample: Required Notice of Housing Counseling Programs and Services Form that Lender Must Provide to Borrower and List of HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies