Fire Codes and Ordinance Information - Building Code Administration
- Maryland State Fire Marshal
- Maryland Fire Prevention Code COMAR 29.06.01
- Maryland Fire Prevention Commission
- State Fire Prevention Laws - Public Safety Article: The Title 6 and Title 9 are the laws related to the fire laws in Maryland. Baltimore City is exempt from this law.
- Residential fire sprinkler system is required in all new single- and two-family residential dwellings in all counties in the state
- Office of State Fire Marshal blog
Local Fire Code Ordinances
Following are ordinances of local jurisdictions that have adopted the State Fire Prevention Code or their own Fire Code. Please refer to the each local jurisdiction listed to view their local ordinance that may contain their Fire Code or modifications. Since ordinances change from time to time, please contact the local jurisdiction to obtain current information.
For additional information, contact:
Department of Labor
Division of Labor and Industry
Building Codes Administration
10946 Golden West Drive, Suite 160
Hunt Valley, MD 21031