Maryland Accessibility Code - Building Code Administration
The State has adopted the Fair Housing Amendments Accessibility Guidelines as well as some additional requirements unique to Maryland. The 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design is part of the Maryland Accessibility Code and it becomes effective on January 1, 2012 in Maryland. Links are provided to the U.S. Department of Justice and to the U.S. Department of Housing and Community Development for information of their requirements. Local jurisdictions may not modify this code to a lesser requirement.
- Maryland Accessibility Code Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities, COMAR 09.12.53 (an official copy is available at the Department of State Documents website.)
- Parking Signs (COMAR 09.12.53.12)
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design - US Department of Justice
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development - Fair Housing Amendments Act - Training and Technical Resources
- Maryland Accessibility Code Waiver Request Form (Word)
- Americans with Disabilities Act - U.S. Department of Justice
- United States Access Board provides technical assistance for the ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
For additional information, contact:
Department of Labor
Division of Labor and Industry
Building Codes Administration
10946 Golden West Drive, Suite 160
Hunt Valley, MD 21031